Scope and Topics
TRA is not only a research conference, but an arena which aims to bring together European stakeholders from all areas of transport and transport-related activities. The scope of the conference encompasses all modes of surface transport: road, rail, waterborne, urban transport, planning and mobility, as well as co-modality.
Latest achievements in European research and the technological developments needed for the next decades will be presented, discussed, shared and debated by all the involved parties.
A broad spectrum of research and innovation activities ranging from basic sciences to application-oriented engineering, as well as social, technical and economic aspects, policy and standards will be represented with examples of market uptake and deployment being of particular interest.
The topics and modes to be addressed are:
- Environment and EnergyElectromobility, Greenhouse gas and pollutant emission, Optimisation of energy use, Alternative fuels, Fuel infrastructures, Impact on biodiversity, Noise and vibration, Electromagnetic compatibility
- Industry CompetitivenessMarket uptake, Innovation process, Demonstrators, Field operation tests, Cost effectiveness, Technical harmonisation, Industrial property rights, Small and medium enterprises, Industrial cooperation, Innovative procurement
- Logistics and Mobility Systems and ServicesSustainable & efficient mobility, Innovative services, Passenger transport, Freight transport, Urban and local/medium and long distance, Congestion
- Safety and SecurityAccident mitigation, Crashworthiness, Vulnerable users, Infrastructure-vehicle-driver aspects, ITS solutions, Health and biomechanics, Energy absorption, Fire performance, Blast resistance, Failure investigation, Security and crisis management, Risk management, Resilience
- Transport InfrastructuresRoads, Tunnels, Bridges, Railtracks, Stations, Seaports, Canals, Locks, Geotechnics, Design, New materials and technologies, ICT infrastructures, Asset management and monitoring
- Transport Policy Research/Socio-economic/Human sciencesTransport strategy and planning, Strategic transport technology plan, Pricing, Behaviour, Perception, Accessibility, Micro and macro-economics, Gender issues, Ageing issues, Land use planning and management, Regulatory environment, New investment models
- Vehicles & Vessels TechnologiesCars, Trucks, Buses, Powered 2 wheelers, Bicycles, Trains, Ships, On-board equipment, On-board ICT, New materials
A. RoadHighways, Urban and rural roads, Passenger and freight transport, Cycling, Pedestrian
B. RailHigh-speed, Passenger and freight railways, Urban rail systems
C. WaterborneMaritime, In-land waterborne, Short sea shipping, Passenger transport and cruises, Containers, Dredging
D. Cross-modalityCo-modality, Inter-modality, Combined transport, Interfaces, Intermodal terminals, Integrated infrastructures, Public transport